The return of snow and ice racing is set to make its comeback at Speedway 51 in Groveton, New Hampshire on Saturday, January 19, 2019 at 2pm. This hilariously funny and fan favorite event will make its return on the high banked ¼ mile speedway.
Last year’s event saw 105 racecars attempt to master the snow and ice covered track on a beautiful sunny winter day in January. This was the most racecars ever to compete in this winter event. This race has no boundaries, as any type of vehicle is allowed. In the past such units as school buses, hearses, mini-vans, pickup trucks and all types of cars have competed for the giant winner’s trophy! There will also be a $100 prize to the best themed car costume. This year’s event will be very exciting as entries will be expected to come in from throughout the Northeast and Canada.
2019 WINTER BLAST 100 RULES
This race has no boundaries as any type of vehicle is allowed. In the past such units as school buses, hearses, mini-vans, pickup trucks, SUV’s, and all types of cars have competed for the giant winner’s trophy! There will also be a $100 prize to the best themed car costume.
There are very few rules for this event, and here they are:
- Absolutely no studded tires, chains or any traction enhancement devices. Absolutely no loading of tires, and only one tire per wheel is allowed. No size constraints.
- No 4 wheel drives or all wheel drives allowed. On 4 wheel drives, one driveshaft must be removed. On all wheel drives, either the front or rear must be unhitched.
- School buses, hearses, mini-vans, pickup trucks, bread trucks and all types of cars are allowed. No sanders on school buses allowed. Diesel rigs allowed.
- Regular anti-freeze allowed.
- One passenger allowed in front seat.
MANDATORY SAFETY RULES!
- DRIVER AND PASSENGER MUST HAVE WORKING SEAT BELTS. FIVE POINT HARNESSES SUGGESTED BUT NOT MANDATORY.
- ALL DOORS MUST BE WELDED OR CHAINED SHUT.
- ALL HOODS MUST HAVE A 16” HOLE CUT IN THEM.
- ALL VEHICLES MUST HAVE WORKING FIRE EXTINGUISHER
- IF HAVING PASSENGER, MANDATORY WINDOW NET ON PASSENGER SIDE WINDOW.
- EVERYONE MUST WEAR APPROVED HELMET AND GLOVES. FIRESUITS ARE NOT MANDATORY BUT HIGHLY RECOMMENDED.
- A FOUR POINT CAGE IS HIGHLY RECOMMENDED, BUT NOT MANDATORY. CAGE CAN HAVE A HOOP FROM SIDE TO SIDE AND 1 LEG FORWARD ON EACH SIDE. ABSOLUTELY NO BARS IN FRONT OF THE RADIATOR. NO REINFORCEMENT OF ANY FENDERS ALLOWED. FULL CAGES ACCEPTED
7A. BOTH FRONT DOORS MAY HAVE A PIECE OF FLAT STOCK 3/16” THICK BY 6” WIDE WELDED TO THEM, OR 2” X 2” SQUARE TUBING. THEY MAY NOT EXTEND MORE THAN 4” AHEAD OF DOOR OR BEHIND DOOR.
- ALL BATTERIES MUST REMAIN UNDER HOOD.
- WINDSHIELD WIPERS ARE ALLOWED. SCREENS MAY BE USED INSTEAD OF WINDSHIELDS
- ABSOLUTELY NO ALCOHOL ALLOWED IN PIT AREA, OR IN RACE VEHICLES. ALCO SENSORS MAY BE USED IF DEEMED NECESSARY.
- ALL COSTUME ITEMS MUST BE SECURELY ATTACHED EITHER INSIDE OR OUTSIDE OF VEHICLE.
- MINIMUM AGE TO COMPETE IS 14 YEARS OLD, MINIMUM PASSENGER AGE IS 16.
$500, $250, $100, $75, $50
Entry fee for this event is $25, passenger fee is $25, and pit fee will be $20. General admission for the grandstands will be $12 for adults, $10 for Seniors 62 & up, ages 12-16 are just $5, and kids eleven and under are free. Post time will be 2pm on Saturday, January 19th, and a severe weather make-up date has been scheduled for Sunday, January 20th at 2pm. For more information on this event and others, please visit our website at www.speedway51int.com, or call the Track hotline at 802-266-0240. Speedway 51 is located on Brown Road in Groveton, New Hampshire. If you have any questions on the 2018 Winter Blast 100, contact Dick Therrien at 802-274-8823 or e-mail him at firstname.lastname@example.org.
FOR INFO CALL DICK THERRIEN 802-274-8823
MAIL ENTRY TO:
DICK THERRIEN, P.O. BOX 71, LUNENBURG, VT 05906
2019 WINTER BLAST RULES
2019 WINTER BLAST REGISTRATION FORM