Hometown racers Jeffery Martin and Jason Corliss were the big winners on a wild North Country Federal Credit Union Night at Barre’s Thunder Road on Thursday, June 21. Martin earned the biggest win of his Allen Lumber Street Stock career by taking the Mom’s of Lancaster, Twin State Street Stock Series opener.
Martin, who returned to the Street Stock division this season after a multi-year absence, grabbed the lead from polesitter Nick Pilotte on lap 7 of the 50-lap event. But it was anything but smooth sailing en route to his third career Street Stock victory. In addition to fighting through a number of spins and cautions, Martin had point leader Matthew Smith of Essex Jct. hot on his tail for much of the event.
Smith tried everything he could to get to the top spot before Stephen Martin made a run for the lead after getting underneath Smith on lap-39 restart. Jeffrey Martin was up to the challenge every time, including on a green-white-checkered restart following the final yellow. Smith got back under Stephen Martin on the final restart to finish second and maintain his point lead. Tommy Smith and Patrick Tibbets followed them across the line in fourth and fifth. Speedway 51 invader Alan Birch, rookie Shawn Teague, Dean Switser Jr., Logan Powers, and Kasey Beattie rounded out the top-10.
TWIN STATE STREET STOCK SERIES
Pos., Driver, Car #, Hometown
1. Jeffrey Martin ( 8 ) Barre, VT
2. Matthew Smith ( 44 ) Essex Jct., VT
3. Stephen Martin ( 01 ) Craftsbury Common, VT
4. Tom Smith ( 50 ) Williamstown, VT
5. Patrick Tibbetts ( 48 ) Barre, VT
6. Alan Birch ( 7 ) St. Johnsbury, VT
7. #Shawn M. Teague ( 24 ) Enosburg Falls, VT
8. Dean Switser Jr. ( 16 ) Lyndonville, VT
9. Logan Powers ( 31 ) Middlesex, VT
10. Kasey Beattie ( 45 ) St. Johnsbury, VT
11. Scott Weston ( 04 ) Berlin, VT
12. Justin Blakely ( 17 ) Graniteville, VT
13. #Bryan P. Wall ( 77 ) E. Kingston, NH
14. #Tyler Pepin ( 78 ) Barre, VT